SPABERRY - BERRYPURE FAQ'S
What is the BerryPure made of ?
- BerryPure is made from a very specific species of sphagnum moss. Which has been conditioning the water in lakes, rivers, and ponds for centuries
How Does BerryPure Work ?
- BerryPure conditions water to produce crisp, clear, odor free water than feels like it comes from mountain stream fed lakes and rivers
- It dramatically reduces the time and toxic chemicals needed to maintain high quality spa water and extends equipment life
- It is nature’s solution for better water and has been conditioning the water in the Northern United States and Southern Canada for thousands of years.
How do I get started with the BerryPure System ?
Getting started with the BerryPure System
- In your BerryStart kit that came with your SpaBerry you will find your BerryFill pre-filter.
- Connect your hose to the threaded end of the BerryFill pre-filter and turn the water on for a minute or so running the water onto your lawn
- After you have done this place the BerryFill pre-filter into the filter canister and turn the water on and fill your SpaBerry
- Once the SpaBerry is filled then turn your SpaBerry on and set your temperature to the desired level.
- Once the SpaBerry has reached your desired temperature level use the test strips from your BerryStart kit to determine the free chlorine, pH, alkalinity and hardness of your water
- Balance pH and alkalinity with the pH Up and pH Down included in your BerryStart™ kit
- Add additional chlorine if required to attain the following concentrations:
alkalinity 80-120 ppm
sanitizer 1 ppm
- Remove one BerryPure™ from the box inside your BerryStart kit and remove it from the plastic bag
- Once removed from the plastic bag you will see that the BerryPure is housed in a netted tea bag
- Place the BerryPure™ in the filter basket and Replace every 30 days.
How often do I need to change the insert refill ?
Change the insert refill
- The BerryPure insert conditions water for a 30 day period and should be replaced at that point to continue to get the conditioning effects
- The plant is no longer alive and acts like a tea bag.
What should I do to maintain my SpaBerry™ ?
Maintain my SpaBerry
- After an initial adjustment period, your BerryPure™ water will be stable and require little maintenance
- On a weekly basis use the test strips included in your BerryStart™ kit and make adjustments to pH, alkalinity, hardness and free chlorine as necessary
- Your SpaBerry™ has approximately 135 gallons of water – be careful not to overdose the spa when you do add chemicals
- On a monthly basis replace BerryPure™ and clean your spa filter
- Every Six months drain your SpaBerry and follow your initial start-up instructions when refilling
- Every 12 months replace your BerryFill Pre-filter.
Why does this system qualify as “Green” ?
Is BerryPure Green
- Nature has figured out a way to condition water without the use of harsh chemicals
- BerryPure is Plant based and sustainably harvested
- It conserves and protects water and has no toxins like other water treatment products currently available and it’s socially responsible.
- Other than being sterilized, there are no manufacturing processes done to the plant after it is harvested
- In fact the refill itself is biodegradable.
Why should I use the pre-filter on my hose to fill the spa ?
Why Use the Pre-Filter
- Our research demonstrates that tap water quality can vary widely based on the source, geographic location, and even the time of day tested
- The filter removes many of these inconsistencies and allows for a more uniform water quality thus simplifying the start up process.
How will I know when the insert needs to be changed ?
When to Change the Insert
- The appearance of the insert may not change during the 30 days of usage, but our research shows its beneficial effects diminish at that point requiring replacement.
- We recommend getting in the habit of changing your BerryPure at the beginning of each month.
How often do I have to change the water in my spa ?
How Often Do I Change the Water
- At approximately six months, the water should be changed depending upon frequency of use and personal preferences.
Do I still need to use a sanitizer such as chlorine ?
Do I Need Sanitizers ?
- The combination of BerryPure and small amounts of an EPA approved sanitizer provides the highest quality of water.
- We recommend maintaining a sanitizer reading on a test strip of one part per million.
How quickly does the product work ?
- In a SpaBerry it starts working quickly and continues to improve month after month.
- It has an accumulation of the conditioning effects – it gets better over time.
What’s the bottom line with BerryPure ?
The Bottom Line
- If you want water that is easy to maintain ; Water that feels like ‘liquid velvet' ; Water that is crisp and clear then BerryPure is the answer !